Tuesday, September 05, 2006

fire sermon

Fire Sermon

The current’s rhythm is broken; the endless circles of oil
Swirl and change hue towards the sun. The air
Hangs over the grey bridge, undisturbed. The dolphins are de-
parted.
Feared Symplegades, stand still, till the heroes venture again.

The water carries empty vessels, beer bottles,
Pairless gloves, umbrella skeletons, pieces of wood
And other testimony of the cold winter. The dolphins are
departed.
And the enemies, the hurrying plunderers in a forgotten city;
Departed, having left their imprint.
By the shores of Byzas I sat down and wept ...
Feared Symplegades, stand still, till the heroes venture again,
Feared Symplegades, stand still, for they come not now or soon.
And in front of me in a grey blur I see
The rubble of the domes and deserted battlements.

1 comment:

Lonely Feet said...

I am so proud of you woman, I wanted to see them posted for a long time!

Now lets see some more stuff!!!

I love them