Monday, October 30, 2006

what I see from my window

The first thing is one of those iron crane-cum-tower Zeugs that have transmitters on them, for cellphones, no doubt. It rises from the midst of a now orange-red-green-brown looking wood. On its right, I see a cluster of German-forest type houses, which could well be B and B's (we once went past one). On the left, hidden behind the now flimsily clad trees are three Hochhaeuser, which could well be student accomodation. Then, if we move towards my window, is the Schwanteich, the orange-yellow-red-green dance continuing there as well. Then come the houses across from the street, and on die Ecke is not your Pakistani newsagents, but the Pamukkale Döner joint. It is open 24/7, I saw another happy Teuton leave it with a döner in his hand just now. Underneath us is the district's DVD place, so there's always Betrieb here, cars coming in and parking. Yesterday on the three occasions that I heard some noise coming from outside, they were all Turkish, unbroken with German-- except for when Nikola came to tea.

This is Wiesecker Weg 1, Giessen

No comments: