Friday, November 07, 2008

Musical Chairs

The scene is the following. B is driving the car up a winding road in Istanbul, S is telling me about X, joking. I have not done all my summer travelling yet. I still do not know many characters in the farce. A is about to be engaged.
Cut to 5 months later. It is now me driving the car up winding roads in Istanbul. S is in London. I now know many more characters in the farce. Some of them twice over. I wait for W’s call. X writes me an email to tell me he is in town. A’s engagement is off, but she’s just been to a party at the British Consulate where she mistook an Armenian priest for an Iranian businessman.
These things happen. Such is life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha she took an armenian priest to be an iranian businessman:)))how blins is she??:))hahah... x ha? interesting:)