Friday, July 28, 2006

Shahrur

I got Paul's Shahrur book for Zehra and now am loath to give it to her. It is written with such clear Arabic, it even tempts me... if only I had time I could get the Üsküdar girls together and we could have our own tafsir class.

Istiklal Street has changed so much- yet again- it almost looks like Kalverstraat, or maybe like Bodrum now, the white of the buildings pronounced due to the evening lights. At the end of the street we bumped into a Greek classmate of Paul's, who reminded me so much of Zacharoula... I'm building up a yet another very dangerous national streotype; but the constellation was so similar there was no escaping it. Me, the public school boy and the Greek girl :-)

1 comment:

Lonely Feet said...

quoting you...

'trace other words in words
other smiles in smiles.'

...and other situations replicating (but not so either)situations....

you hear from me tonight.