Thursday, August 03, 2006

Failed Defection

I never wanted to go wandering by the Rhein in the first place,
never wanted to listen to Schubert at Schwetzingen

The fairy-tale hills of Heidelberg
never figured in my dreams

I never wanted to speak
to blond heads with round rimmed spectacles

Was never much interested in separating my trash,
nor in saving money or choosing the best health insurance

Respect for machines, I never had
nor for (political) correctness

All I ever wanted
was to loose myself in some dyke in Norfolk
and have friends about me
who would humour
my mimickry, falsity, my laughter

I never wanted to go wandering by the Rhein in the first place
never wanted to dip my toes in its cold cold waters
never wanted to face the facts
ever

3 comments:

Lonely Feet said...

Is it ever about our wanting?

nagihun said...

yes I know,
this stupid trust in human will/want, we're all infected though it gets us nowhere

Lonely Feet said...

it is really monstrous how we keep hoping and how we have a mad hunger to beleive things.

that is self destructive!

Maybe life would beging once we give up on hope and believe.